Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Day to Praise the LORD

My wife and I keep a blog about our journey toward adoption. Much of it deals with the struggle of waiting for the agency to find a child to refer to us. This what I wrote yesterday morning:

In the last 24 hours 4 more people from the forum received referrals. Three
of them are behind us on the list.

So, how does this make me feel? So hopeful we could a referral today, I could sing. So jealous that I want to punch one of these happy new mothers. Just kidding... kinda. So frazzled that my back is more tense than Mid-East peace talks. So desperate to share with anyone who would ask. So annoyed with anyone who would ask. So trusting in the Lord that I know the story He is weaving is one I'll tell with glee for the rest of my days (yes, GLEE). So tired of hearing people tell me that it is in God's timing. So disappointed in my spiritual immaturity that I can't inspire all of you with my unwavering faithfulness and hope.

I said that this defined my emotional state at 10:15, and I would let you know what 10:16 was like.

At 3:30 pm, we received our call. We got a referral for a baby girl. We are in awe of the Lord.

Yesterday at lunch, hung between my fretting rants and blessed elation, Cindie asked me what the theme of Sunday's sermon was. My answer: "Great Is Thy Faithfulness".

As the words came out of my mouth, I knew that He would be serving up a mighty humbling illustration that day. I knew it. I was both excited and embarrassed, bright-eyed and red-faced.

Anyway... Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness. You deliver the goods every time. When doubt was playing games with my mind, you were but moments away from ringing my doorbell. Thank you.

4 comments:

Regan Clem said...

Congratulations!

shannoncaroland said...

thanks

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled that you are finally getting some good news. Pray that things continually go well and that you will soon have your precious little girl in Michigan. I try to keep up with what you three are writing (mainly one, to make sure he doesn't go too far off the beaten path).

Margaret Long

shannoncaroland said...

Thank you. It has been so humbling to receive all the congratualtions. It means more than I ever thought it would.

And thank you for keeping an eye on us.