Sunday, September 9, 2007

5 minute sermon


It’s shocking to me that sometimes people meet obstacles and assume that these obstacles are a sign from God to stop.

Can you imagine Moses saying, “Wow, I really thought that God wanted us to leave Egypt, but he would never have allowed us to be trapped like this, if he wanted us to escape.”

Or Joshua? “If God wanted us to take the land, why are there walled cities that are impossible to take down?”

Or David? “I would obey if God made me bigger.”

Or Daniel or Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? “I don’t think God would want me to risk my life. I’ll just not pray. I’ll just bow to the idol. God is merciful. He’ll understand my circumstances.”

But that’s thing. If it’s not hard, it’s probably not obedience. Nothing easy about loving your enemy. Nothing easy about laying down your life. But that is the call.

No comments: