Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Prayer Tuesday

An Office of Compline Prayer that can be said alone at home

May the Lord grant to us a quiet night and a perfect end. Amen
Thou O Lord art in the midst of us and we are called by thy name

Leave us not, O Lord, Our God.

Have mercy upon us, O God: And hearken unto our prayer.

O God, you are my God, for you I long.

My soul thirsts for you, like a dry weary land without water.

Your steadfast love is better than life

I will bless you as long as I live.

I will lift up my hands and call upon your name

My mouth shall praise you with joyful lips,

I think of you as I lay upon my bed

I meditate upon you in the watches of the night

For you have been my help

In the shadow of your wings I sing for joy,

My soul clings to you

And your right hand upholds me.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be.

World without end. Amen.
Have Mercy on us, O God; And Hearken unto our prayer.

Before the ending of the day: creator of the world, we pray

That thou with wonted love wouldst keep
thy watch around us while we sleep.

O let no evil dreams be near; nor phantoms of the night appear.

Our ghostly enemy restrain; lest ought of sin our bodies stain.

Almighty Father, hear our cry; through Jesus Christ our Lord most high

Who with the Holy Ghost and thee; doth live and reign eternally. Amen.

Into thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit

For thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, thou God of truth:

Keep me, O Lord, as the apple of an eye:

Hide me under the shadow of thy wings.

Save us, O Lord, waking; guard us sleeping,

that awake we may watch with Christ;

and asleep we may rest in peace.

No comments: